Thursday, November 19, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Authors

Do you think any current author is of the same caliber as Dickens, Austen, Bronte, or any of the classic authors? If so, who, and why do you think so? If not, why not? What books from this era might be read 100 years from now?

Actually, I do. There are several I can think of, actually. I'm assuming authors like Harper Lee and John Steinbeck are already considered "classic". The authors I'm thinking of are "classic" for their storytelling techniques, themes, plot and character development. In my humble opinion, these are:

  1. Mary McGarry Morris
    Kevin Baker
    Herman Wouk
    Arthur C. Clarke
    Margaret Atwood
    Barbara Kinsolving
    John Irving
    Wally Lamb


I'm sure there's more but Survivor's on in 10 minutes and I've got to book! When I get back, it'll be interesting to see which other other bloggers suggested!


For more Booking Through Thursday, click here.

1 comments:

wendy elizabeth said...

i see you've got your prioroties right... Survivor first blogging second :) Don't you jsut love Margaret Attwood! the handmaid's tale - to die for!