Thursday, October 18, 2007

Typography

Booking Through Thursday

You may or may not have seen my post at Punctuality Rules Tuesday, about a book I recently bought that had the actual TITLE misspelled on the spine of the book. A glaring typographical error that really (really!) should have been caught. So, using that as a springboard, today’s question: What’s the worst typographical error you’ve ever found in (or on) a book?

Oh boy, that is some boo-boo! I belong to the Stephen King Book Club and one month they sent me a copy of Salem's Lot. Many of the pages are out of order, at least 20 of them! When I notified the company, they sent a replacement book...same problem. So I called and explained what the problem was and apparently they weren't going to redo the books because they sent me a refund. Duh!

2 comments:

BookGal said...

Wow ... I wonder how many people kept the book that way.

Sonya said...

Wow....silly! I can't think of what the worst thing I've seen has been. I'll have to give that one some thought. I tell ya some of the things that get me are grammar errors in books written by homeschoolers. I'm not perfect and make mistakes but you can really tell when someone doesn't know how to properly use their language. Being a homeschooling mom, I want to make sure I know how to spell, punctuate, and use my grammar. It reflects so poorly if I don't know these things.