Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall Into Reading Booklist

I thought I'd narrowed my "Fall Into Reading" booklist down to a final fifteen but even now as I'm typing I've decided to make some changes. This is pretty much the way I want it now:

Non-Fiction:

A Matter of Degree: The Hartford Circus Fire and The Mystery of Little Miss 1565 by Don Massey & Rick Davey

Room For Two by Abel Keough

The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

Classic Literature:

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
The Jungle by Upton Sinclair

Fiction:

Book of the Dead by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child

A Dangerous Woman by Mary McGarry Morris

Standing in the Rainbow by Fannie Flagg

Picturing the Wreck by Dani Shapiro

Fall On Your Knees by Ann Marie McDonald

Alternates

The Case for a Creatorby Lee Strobel (non-fiction)

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Lost & Found by Jacqueline Sheehan

Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier

The Other Side of the Bridge by Mary Lawson

Those Who Save Us by Jenna Bloom

The Cloud of Unknowing by Thomas H. Cook

And before I get to those, I need to finish the two I'm reading now:

Dance of Death by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
The Insulin Resistance Diet by Cheryle R. Hart M.D. and Sharon Kay Grossman R.D.

6 comments:

Andi said...

I am rereading "The Purpose Driven Life"...though not for the Challenge. I hope that you really get something out of this book. :-)

Anonymous said...

Love your header with the cat and the books! Enjoy your fall reading...

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

First of all, I have to say that I like the picture of the kitty in your header -- very cute! Hope you enjoy all your fall reading. Thanks for being part of the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Happy Reading...

Deena Peterson said...

Excellenet list! I highly recommend "The Case For A Creator"...Lee Strobel's books are just the best. I recently read "The Case for the Real Jesus" and it helped me through the maze of "new gospels". He writes with wit, accuracy, and is VERY readable.

alisonwonderland said...

i consider myself to be somewhat "classics challenged" - but i've actually read both of the classics on your list.

i see that you are reading Water for Elephants right now. i'm eager to read your review. i keep seeing the title but don't know much about it.