Thursday, July 12, 2007

Celluloid

Booking Through Thursday

1. In your opinion, what is the best translation of a book to a movie? There are a couple but I'll say To Kill A Mockingbird

2. The worst? The Relic

3. Had you read the book before seeing the movie, and did that make a difference? (Personally, all other things being equal, I usually prefer whichever I was introduced to first.) In both cases, I read the book first. I usually like the book better because there's more character development and details. I find movies have to leave out much--for instance, in Gone With The Wind Scarlett only had 1 child in the movie. I know this isn't a significant detail but it did leave me with a feeling of "wrongness". As for The Relic, it was so awful because it was changed around and the most important character was totally left out!

0 comments: