Thursday, June 7, 2007

Booking Through Thursday


Booking Through Thursday

Almost everyone can name at least one author that you would love just ONE more book from. Either because they’re dead, not being published any more, not writing more, not producing new work for whatever reason . . . or they’ve aged and aren’t writing to their old standards any more . . . For whatever reason, there just hasn’t been anything new (or worth reading) of theirs and isn’t likely to be.

If you could have just ONE more book from an author you love . . . a book that would be as good any of their best (while we’re dreaming) . . . something that would round out a series, or finish their last work, or just be something NEW . . . Who would the author be, and why? Jane Austen? Shakespeare? Laurie Colwin? Kurt Vonnegut?


I think I'd like to read another book by Harper Lee. It doesn't necessarily have to continue the story of Scout Finch or her family although that would be nice. Harper Lee had one of those styles that just "hooks" you. At first I was pulled in by a seeming "ghost" story (Boo Radley) and three mischievous kids but it turned out to be so much more than just that. If she had written another book I would have snapped it up to read right away!

1 comments:

Alice said...

I agree with you! I've read Harper Lee's To Kill A Mocking Bird and I loved it. I'd read more of her work, definitely. Thanks for sharing. Happy BTT!